Dan Carman and Attorneys are proud to represent clients in Frankfort, KY. We believe that anyone accused of a crime has the right to the best defense possible. If you or a loved one has been charged with a crime in Frankfort, contact Dan Carman and Attorneys to find out how we can help you.
Frankfort not only serves as the capital city of Kentucky, it is also a burgeoning community that has a fascinating history mirroring the evolution of the state. Conveniently located between Lexington and Louisville and accessible through Interstate 64, Frankfort’s unassuming location lends itself to a rustic and comfortable atmosphere.
History of Frankfort
The name Frankfort originates from the moniker “Frank’s Ford,” named after Stephen Frank, a settler who lost his life in a skirmish in 1780. After Kentucky achieved statehood in 1792, Frankfort eventually won out over competing cities to become the state capital. The famous Old Capitol building was designed by Kentucky Greek-revivalist architect Gideon Shryock and was home to the state’s government for 80 years.
The Old Capitol is also the site of the infamous murder of Kentucky governor William Goebel in 1900, who had served as governor for only four days. A plaque still marks the location. Goebel is the only sitting state governor ever to be assassinated.
The Kentucky State Capital, which has been the home of the state government since 1910, was designed by famed architect Frank Mills Andrew, who employed neoclassical design techniques to create its beautiful, distinct interior that welcomes hundreds of visitors each day.
What Makes Frankfort Unique
- Kentucky State Capitol – Today, the capitol is home to all three branches of the state government, with the executive branch operating on the first floor, the judicial branch on the second floor and the legislative branches located on the third floor.
- Kentucky State University – KSU has over 2,000 students, offering 55 undergraduate and six graduate programs.
- Scenic Overlook – The scenic overlook provides an incredible view of the Frankfort cityscape and the beautiful state capitol grounds.
Criminal Defense in Frankfort
Dan Carman and Attorneys provide aggressive criminal defense for those in Frankfort that have been charged with:
- Violations (probation or parole violations)
- Misdemeanors (theft, resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, 4th degree assault)
- Felony Charges (A, B, C or D)
- Weapon Charges
- Drug Charges
- Domestic Violence
- Federal Crimes
- Murder 1st and 2nd degree
- Property Crimes (larceny, theft)
- Sexually Based Offenses.
If you or a loved one has been charged with a criminal offense in Frankfort, contact the Kentucky criminal defense lawyers with Dan Carman and Attorneys. We will make sure that you are treated fairly and that your case is given the care and time that it deserves.